APPOINTMENT OF DEANS, DIRECTORS, HODS AND OTHERS.
DELTA STATE SCHOOL OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY, BURUTU.
APPOINTMENT OF DEANS, DIRECTORS, HODS AND OTHERS.
The Ag. Rector, Engr. Akpoyibo Ebiowei Famous (MNSE,MIEEE,MNATE, MNSAFETY E.), has, on behalf of the Academic board, approved the Appointment and Retainment of A total number of 54 Academic & non-teaching Staff.
This was contained in a memo issued by the PA to the Ag Rector on Academics, Engr. Erebugha Abraham Yerinmearede dated 2nd September, 2020 they are as follows;
1. Mr. Tugbokorowei Peter- Dean of Students.
2. Engr. Ologe Solomon O.-Dean,School of Engineering.
3. Mr. Burutu Lawrence- Dean,School of Safety & Environment Studies.
4. Mrs Okiriguo Vivian--Dean,School of Science & Technology.
5. Mrs Nwokoli Catherine--Dean, School of Maritime Transport & Business Studies.
6. Dr. Esi, Emmanuel--Dean, Gbaregolor Campus.
7. Mr. Ekezue, Henry--Dean, Kwale Campus.
8. Mr. Kasikoro,Zideke--Dean, Foundation & GNS.
9. Mr. Enivwenae, Ovie Benedict--Director,Academic.
10. Mr. Bayai, Sunny--Director, Academics.
11. Mr. Ogoro, Stanley--Director, ICT.
12. Mrs Chukumah, Charity--Director, SIWES.
13. Engr. Dio,Eres--Coordinator,SIWES.
14. Engr. Akono Emmanuel T--HOD, Maritime Engineering.
15. Mr. Lucky Akore-HOD,Elect/Elect.
16. Mr. Edafe,Augustine--HOD, Oil & Gas.
17. Engr. Dio, Eres--HOD,Mechanical Engineering.
18. Engr. Erebugha Abraham Y.--HOD, Boat & Ship Building Engineering.
19. Engr. Victor Kemasuode--HOD, Civil Engineering.
20. Mr. Akporure, Ovomata--HOD, Computer Engineering.
21. Mr. Dio, Edwin--HOD, Nautical Science.
22. Mrs Bekederemo Betty--HOD, Fisheries.
23. Mr. Gobe Okiemute--HOD, SLT.
24. Mrs Seregbe Favour--HOD, Computer Science.
25. Mr. Owhona, Christopher--HOD, Industrial Safety.
26. Mr. Okogbe,Anthony--HOD,Urban & Regional Planning.
27. Mr. Awani Solomon--HOD,Survey & Geo-Informatics.
28. Miss Peretomode Marian--HOD, Estate Management.
29. Mr. Charles Osakunih--HOD, Accounting.
30. Mr. Alubeze Kennedy O.--HOD, Marketing.
31. Mrs Okwo Glory--HOD,Public Administration.
32. Barr. Yereke Ayafou--HOD, Business Administration.
33. Mr. Ekiodiribo Kelvin Akpos--HOD,Maritime Communication.
34. Mr. Ambakederemo Samuel--HOD, Maritime Transport.
35. Mr. Tumbo Peremene--HOD, GNS.
36. Mr. Agbefe, Shedrack--Hall Warden Male (A).
37. Mr. Joel Ebilamowei--Hall Warden Male (B),
38. Mr. Wurusibewei Paul--Hall Warden Male (C),
39. Mrs Dio Ebikena--Hall Warden Female (A),
40. Mr. Owunzu Oweizide--Hall Warden Female (B),
41. Mrs Okoh Helen--Hall Warden Female (C),
42. Mr. Ovie Edomi--Director,Health Service.
43. Mr. Agaviezor Kingsley--Director, Standard & Quality,
44. Dr. (Mrs) Onwordi Termishi Mary--Dean, Students Project.
45. Engr. Erebugha Abraham Y--P.A. Academics.
46. Mr. Joel Ebilamowei--P.A. Administration.
47. Mr. Agabi Roland--Director, Sports. 48. Barr. Asoro Gladys---Director, Consultancy.
49. Mr. Ogodobiri Jonatus E.---Coordinator, Consultancy.
50. Barr. Brisibe G. Beatrice--Director, Legal Unit.
51. Mr. Gbigbije Lawson---Director, Pre--ND Programs.
52. Mr. Akpafun Solomon---Director, Entrepreneurship.
53. Mr. Happy Ofili--Coordinator, Entrepreneurship and
54. Mr. Kanbofa A. Party--Public Relations Officer (PRO).
It is hoped that these well deserved appointments and retainments will spur the aforementioned Staff to excellent service while bringing out the best in work output.
2. PURCHASE OF ADMISSION FORMS: Admission forms into the regular National Diploma (ND) for the 2020/2021 Academic Session are now available for purchase from the School Portal. The forms are available on payment of the sum of #13,000.00.The said amount exclude online charges.
3. REVISED CALENDAR FOR SECOND SEMESTER 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION: Due to the prolonged COVID-19 lockdown, the Academic Calendar for the second semester 2019/2020 Academic session has been revised as follows;
Resumption from lockdown---Friday 2nd October,2020. Lectures Continue--Monday 5th October, 2020. Second Semester lectures end---Friday 25th November,2020. Revision---Monday 30th November to Friday 4th December, 2020. Second Semester Examination ND/HND---Monday 7th --18th December,2020. Industrial Attachment---, Departmental Consideration of Results--- Thursday 7th January, 2021. Schools Consideration of Results---Thursday 14th January, 2021. Presentation of Result for board Consideration---Thursday 21st January, 2021.
4.ADHERRENCE TO NCDC GUIDELINES ON COVID--19 PANDEMIC: In view of the revised Calendar for the 2019/2020 Academic Session and imminent resumption of Academic activities on the 2nd October,2020, Staff and Students are by this encouraged to adhere strictly to stipulated guidelines on COVID-19 pandemic. In furtherance, Academic Board at its virtual meeting held on Tuesday 29th of September, 2020 at Ag Rector's office, Constituted A-5 man COVID-19 TASK FORCE committee headed by the Medical Doctor of School Clinic, Dr. Kalusi Tuoyo, others are, Mr. Ovie Edomi (Director, Health Service), Regiment 1 member, Security, 1 member and Hall Warden, 1 member.They were charged with the responsibility to ensure a total compliance of COVID-19 protocols by Staff and Students. These include, washing of hands, wearing of face masks and shields, enforcement of the practice of social distancing and also fumigate thoroughly the school premises including lecture Halls. These actions are fundamental to keep the school environment free from Coronavirus pandemic.
Management wishes all Staff a gleeful resumption of full Academic activities while wishing our Students success in their examination.
Issued by the Public Relations Officer (PRO),
Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu,
Kanbofa A. Party.